Get a certificate of completion from WIPO
Circumvent a patent of your choice using proven methods. Learn patent strategies and right a strategy based on the business need
This workshop is has been included into Master Degree programs (LLM) funded by WIPO in Europe & Asia.
Who should attend:
Engineers (Product Development) – Chief / Principal / Senior / Staff
- Patent Strategies definition
- Overview of TRIZ and Product Innovation Roadmap
- Function Analysis and its specifics for competitive patent circumvention.
- Trimming as a competitive circumvention strategy. Different cases of patent circumvention by Trimming:
- “Dragon” patents.
- Non-existing components in patent claims
- Circumvention of competitive patents through substitution. Doctrine of Equivalents:
- Definition of Doctrine of Equivalents & Prosecution History Estoppel
- Function-Oriented Search: TRIZ tool for Substitution strategy
- The Antidote Strategy
- Picket Fence Strategy
- Definition of Picket Fence Strategy
- Using Trends of Engineering System Evolution and CECA for development of dependent claims and firewalls
- Patents on materials and finding new areas of patenting a specific material